Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandfather (John T. Pendergrass)
- Born 9 April 1833.
- Son of Jesse Pendergrass and Ann Witt.
- Was married first to Annie Donaldson.
- Married Elizabeth Ray around 1862 (birth of oldest child).
- Died 28 May 1921 in Putnam Co, Tennessee.
Found info here.
Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandmother (Annie L. Gentry)
- Born 18 June 1826 in Jackson County, Tennessee.
- Married Larkin F. Harris.
- Daughter of Robert Gentry and Nancy Harris (Nancy possibly a sister to Joseph Harris, Larkin’s father).
- Died 29 July 1908 in Putnam County, Tennessee.
- ?? Need to do more research!
Info found on FindAGrave.com Memorial #39955645.
Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandfather (Larkin F. Harris)
- Born 13 February 1824 in Tennessee.
- Son of Joseph Harris and Sarah Richardson.
- Married Annie L. Gentry around 1848 (birth of first child).
- Died 26 June 1913 in Putnam County, Tennessee.
- ?? Need to research more!
Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandmother (Mary Elizabeth “Betsy” Shanks)
- Born 13 February 1826 in Fauquier County, Virginia.
- Betsy was the daughter of William Shanks and Margaret Maddux.
- She married David Wood Maxwell on 2 June 1844 in Jackson County, Tennessee.
- She had 10 children: Martha Ann, Margaret Frances, Joel Whitten, Jane Elizabeth, William Cullom, James Thomas, Tennessee Belle, Laura Josephine, Andrew McClain, and David Wood Jr.
- Died 9 May 1888 in Putnam County, TN.
Info obtained from here.
Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandfather (David Wood Maxwell)
- Born 5 March 1822 near Baxter in Jackson County, Tennessee (now Putnam County).
- Married Mary Elizabeth (“Betsy”) Shanks on 2 June 1844 in Jackson County, TN.
- Son of Samuel and Martha A. (Patton) Maxwell.
- Served in the Civil War for the Confederacy as a private, probably with the 1st Tennessee Light Artillery Battalion.
- Died on 24 August 1869 in Putnam County, TN.
Info found here.