Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandmother (Mary Elizabeth “Betsy” Shanks)
- Born 13 February 1826 in Fauquier County, Virginia.
- Betsy was the daughter of William Shanks and Margaret Maddux.
- She married David Wood Maxwell on 2 June 1844 in Jackson County, Tennessee.
- She had 10 children: Martha Ann, Margaret Frances, Joel Whitten, Jane Elizabeth, William Cullom, James Thomas, Tennessee Belle, Laura Josephine, Andrew McClain, and David Wood Jr.
- Died 9 May 1888 in Putnam County, TN.
Info obtained from here.
Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandfather (David Wood Maxwell)
- Born 5 March 1822 near Baxter in Jackson County, Tennessee (now Putnam County).
- Married Mary Elizabeth (“Betsy”) Shanks on 2 June 1844 in Jackson County, TN.
- Son of Samuel and Martha A. (Patton) Maxwell.
- Served in the Civil War for the Confederacy as a private, probably with the 1st Tennessee Light Artillery Battalion.
- Died on 24 August 1869 in Putnam County, TN.
Info found here.
Ancestor: My paternal 2nd-great-grandfather (James T. Maxwell)
- Born 30 Aug 1857 in Tennessee.
- Married Martha Ann Harris in Tennessee.
- Died 4 Mar 1919 in Putnam County, Tennessee, buried in Harris Cemetery.
- Sometimes went by Thomas.
- Son of David Wood Maxwell and Mary E. Shanks.
Sorry about the delay!