Ancestor: My paternal 3rd-great-grandmother (Mary Hill)
- Married John Ford on 23 September 1831 in Gallia County, Ohio.
- On the 1840 census in Spencer County, Indiana, John Ford is listed living with a female age 20-29, putting Mary’s birth year approximately 1811-1820. My best educated guess, using the year they wed, would put her birth year around 1810-1812.
- On the 1830 census for Gallia County, Ohio, the Hill heads of household who included a female of Mary’s age included: Betsey, Isaac, and Sarah. And that’s presuming the Hill family lived in Gallia County as of 1830. When I attended the OGS Annual Conference in April 2015 I did do some research on Hills in Gallia County. I found Isaac Hill’s sons’ names but not his daughters’ names.
- According to family lore, John Ford and Mary Hill had 3 children together between the time they married, 1831, and the time he remarried in 1847. Two of the children died, as did Mary. Lyman S. Ford was born in 1832 and survived. On the 1840 census, there is another child listed, a female under 5 years of age. As for the third child, I’ve not yet found any piece of evidence about him/her. Also, I have not yet found anything about Mary’s demise.
- Only 4 facts this time until I have the chance to flesh out the Hills of Gallia County.