Ancestor: My maternal 2nd-great-grandmother (Hannah Katherine “Kate” Hanby)
- Born 14 January 1856 in Darrtown, Butler, Ohio, the youngest child of William C. Hanby and Hannah Ann Fowler.
- Moved to New Lisbon, Indiana, at age 7 with her family.
- Lived to be nearly 80 years old, dying on 3 January 1936.
- Worked doing laundry after her husband died.
- Her son wrote a letter about things he remembered about his mother and father and growing up in the late 1800s. He wrote that his mother never wanted to move far from New Lisbon because she was a “mother’s girl.”