I am now moving onto my 2nd-great generation!
Ancestor: My paternal 2nd-great-grandfather (Lyman S. Ford)
- Born 25 July 1832 in Jackson County, Ohio, to John Ford and Mary Hill.
- Married Mary M. Ammerman in Sullivan County, Indiana, in 1855.
- Served 4 years in the 59th Indiana Voluntary Regiment, Co. C, in the Civil War, along with his father. Mustered out as sergeant.
- He used his middle initial ‘S’ frequently, said to have been a name of one of his father’s brothers, Sylvanus. Lyman was also the name of another of his father’s brothers. I have recently found that one of Lyman’s brothers-in-law, Ephraim Wolf Ammerman, named a son Lyman Sylvanus. Interesting!
- Died 18 Aug 1897 in Sullivan County, Indiana.