Ancestor: My maternal great-grandfather (Thomas Paul Mayer)
- Born 12 May 1881. (I knew it was May 1881, but I just found his WWI draft registration that gave his day of birth and had his signature! Win!)
- By 1920, Thomas had moved his family to New Castle, Indiana. He worked as a “polisher” at the Jesse French Piano Factory.
- The 1930 census was conducted on 3 Apr 1930 where Thomas was enumerated. By June 1930, he had died after suffering an infection post gastric ulcer surgery.
- Parents are Paul Mayer and Caroline (Lichtenfels) Hammann.
- On the 1900 census, he is recorded as “Tommy.”