Ancestor: My maternal great-grandmother (Nora Belle Abbott)
- Was the third of 9 sisters (Bertha M., Nellie G., Harriett, Mary I., Elma V., Loretta P., Wilma, and Josephine).
- Was born in Muscatine, Iowa, in October 1889.
- Her parents were William C. Abbott and Elizabeth L. (Lizzie) Carpenter.
- On the 1910 census, 2 years after she married Harvey Ballard, I found that her family lived on North Meridian Street while Harvey’s mother lived on South Meridian Street of a very small town. I often wonder if that’s how they met.
- At the end of her life, she lived with her son, my mother’s father. She died in 1965.