Ancestor: My paternal great-grandmother (Clara Criss Ford)
- She died fairly young (age 48) and her youngest son, my grandfather, was bothered by that.
- She was born in 1885 in Owen County, Indiana.
- Her parents were Jonathan and Susannah (McGuire) Criss.
- Possibly 8 siblings: William Emmitt, Frank, Oscar, Ross, Ezra, Harry, and May. There was a Benjamin, but he is only one on census at age 5 months, between William and Frank.
- There is a marriage license application for Clara and Joseph Varian Ford in Sullivan County, Indiana, on 1 Oct 1904, but no return…not sure where or if they were actually ever married. First child was born 4 years after they married.
A postcard sent from Clara to Joe in Sep 1910.